Make a lasting gift in your will or trust.
Help end hunger by making a commitment of a future legacy gift to Westside Food Bank. When you include us in your estate plan, your generosity will:
- Leave a lasting legacy of your commitment to end hunger;
- Protect the most vulnerable among us for years to come;
- Provide food to hungry families and individuals in western Los Angeles County; and
- Ensure that we can continue our important work well into the future.
If you have already elected to have us as part of your estate planning, please let us know so you can be included in our Legacy Giving Circle.
Popular ways to give:
- Wills, Living Trusts, and Beneficiary Designations are by far the most popular and easiest to set up. Options for beneficiary designations include: revocable trusts, retirement accounts, insurance policies, commercial annuities, and bank accounts.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions are set aside for those required to take a minimum distribution from their IRA accounts, but who may not currently need to draw from the funds.
- Marketable securities—including stocks, bonds, certificates, and any financial instrument that can be bought or sold on a public stock exchange or public bond exchange—are accepted.
- Charitable Remainder Trust and Charitable Lead Trusts—while more complicated, these can be administered with the help of our partners at the California Community Foundation.
- Real Estate and Personal Property (some restrictions apply)
- Please call for other gifts not mentioned above.
Our promise to you is confidentiality and the highest ethical standards in relation to your gift. Additionally, we encourage you to consult with your attorney to determine the best plan for you and discuss how a legacy gift may reduce your taxes.
Be sure to include the following official bequest language for Westside Food Bank:
“I, [name], of [city,state,ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to West Side Food Bank A Non-Profit Corporation [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
Legal Name: West Side Food Bank A Non-Profit Corporation
Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN): 95-3685875
Incorporated In: Santa Monica, CA (please contact us for IRS Determination Letter)
We want to work with you to create a gift that best fits your circumstances and charitable intentions. To learn more about including Westside Food Bank in your will, please contact Westside Food Bank’s Development Associate, Crissi Avila.
This FREE AARP Personal Estate Planning guide can help you with important decisions to secure the future for the people and causes you care about.