Past – First Great Backyard Campout 2020
Join us from home for THE FIRST GREAT BACKYARD CAMPOUT 2020! starting on Saturday, May 2nd and continuing throughout summer.
While we may not be able to pack up and leave for this year’s camping trips, it doesn’t mean we can’t put up a tent and have some fun at home. Help raise funds for L.A. families in need and spend some quality time with yours. If you can’t camp out but would still like to help the hungry, please consider donating to this event to help participants reach their goal. You can even credit your donation to a specific camper or team.
Rules of the Great Backyard Campout:
1. ‘Reserve’ a spot in your own backyard by donating a backyard campground fee. If you are part of a school, faith organization or group, click “join a team.”
2. Ask family and friends to sponsor your Backyard Campout: every $1 provides 4 meals for someone facing hunger.
3. Families agree to camp out all night, starting on May 2nd or any day thereafter: tent? sleeping bags? living room pillow fort? Dealer’s choice. Share your pics using #GreatBackYardCampout
4. Children prepare dinner: kids, give your parents a break and cook your favorite meal!
5. Parents do breakfast: after the camp out is over, enjoy a family meal (indoors if you’re so inclined).